Mold is a potential hazardous substance commonly found in residential and commercial buildings. As an airborne contaminate, Mold may cause health problems as well as structural damage. Mold inspection and remediation is the first line of defense against growing concerns of health risk and commercial property liabilities. NY Green provides commercial and residential owners inclusive testing and removal procedures to eliminate mold and prevent future outbreaks.
What is mold?
Common sources of moisture
- Roof leaks
- Plumbing leaks, drainage problems
- Damp basements and crawl spaces
- Steam from the bathroom or kitchen
- Condensation resulting
How are people exposed to mold? What are the health effects of mold?
Proper mold assessment and testing usually involves:
- Evaluating existing mold in the home
- Investigateing environmental conditions which cause mold to grow
- Identifying problem areas of possible mold intrusion/contamination
- Digital documentation of problem areas
- Generating a report that inclides; areas inspected, findings, lab results, potential and problem areas, assesment of existing mold, general recommendations and preventative maintenance.
- Swab samples
- Air and Moisture Tests
- Bacteria Tests
- Inner-Wall Checks
- Manual Readers
- Laser Scanners for Foundation Beams
- Leak Detection
- Toxic Mold Sensors
Mold is an avoidable problem that commercial real estate owners are legally responsible to investigate. Whether it affects workers or tenants, mold is a liability that can easily be solved. NY Green provides owners with complete mold testing and remediation services for commercial properties. Protect your business and properties with our inclusive mold containment.
When to test for mold:
- If your commercial residence or building has had a flood, leak or sewage back-up
- If your building has a roof leak, damp areas, or HVAC problems including inadequate ventilation or lack of make-up air
- If there is visible mold on ceilings, walls, floors, or equipment
- If you are experiencing foul or musty odors as a result of a process, renovation, or change in the building layout
- If your tenants or employees are experiencing allergy-like symptoms, congestion, eye irritation or general malaise
- If you are purchasing, renting, or leasing a commercial property
- If you are planning to sell, renovate, or expand your commercial property
Mold Abatement Services
- Odor Removal
- Sanitizing Carpeting and Upholstery
- Allergy Cleansing
- Hepo-Vac Process
- Dry-Ice Procedures
- Filtering and Fumigation of Vent and/or Duct Systems