Are your children at risk for lead poisoning?
Lead paint poses a serious hazard to children, especially under the age of six. Although lead poisoning is preventable, thousands of children are still at risk. If your home was built before 1978 there is a good chance that there is lead paint in your house. Protect your family with a comprehensive lead evaluation from nygreen solutions.
In a commercial setting, lead becomes a health hazard when paint and paint chips seep into soil, water and dust. Adults can be exposed to lethal amounts of lead especially when disturbing lead paint as a result of renovation or remodeling activities. Proper lead testing and abatement are the only sure way to protect commercial property owners from lead related liability claims.
We perform lead inspections for various organizations and purposes including:
- OSHA Compliance Surveys
- HUD’s Lead Safe Housing Rule
- Real Estate Purchases & Leases
- NYS Dept Of Health response to a lead poisoned child
- NYS Education Dept mandated inspections for school districts undergoing renovation
Who should be concerned about lead?
- People who live in homes built prior to 1978
- Insurance companies
- Real estate agents
- Business owners
Abatement can include
- Removal of lead paint
- Removal of lead contaminated dust
- Permanent containment or encapsulation of lead paint
- The replacement of lead paint surfaces or fixtures
- Removal or covering of lead contaminated soil
- Cleanup and disposal of all preparation materials
- Post-abatement clearance testing